- Judges will be comprised of: Industry Professionals and NKBA-certified designers. These professionals will NOT be entered into this year's competition. Judging will be completed by approximately March 31, 2023
- NKBA Ottawa Chapter reserves the right to combine categories to maintain the element of competition. For categories with entries less than 2-3 projects may be blended at the discretion of the Judges and NKBA Ottawa Design Excellence Committee with the same price category in the other style, for example – Classic/Traditional combined with Contemporary /Modern OR Price level 1 with Price Level 2 in the Classic/Traditional. Categories may be combined to maintain similar styles or price criteria based on maintaining the integrity of the competition.
- Decisions of the judging panel are final.
- NKBA Ottawa Chapter and selected judges reserve the right to not award a winner in any category.
- If a judging member has had prior exposure to a photo of one of the entries, they will be obliged to recuse themselves from judging said entry. The results of the remaining judges will be final.
- All entries must be submitted by the designer on record ONLY. If a co-designer, collaborator, cabinet designer or any other involved in the project must be authorized or submitted by the original creator of the design. If an entry is discovered to have been falsely submitted the entrant will be banned from future competition, may have their NKBA membership revoked and stripped of any appellations and accreditations. The NKBA, NKBA Ottawa Chapter, and the Design Excellence Committee will not tolerate any misrepresentation of designs, breach of intellectual property or circumstance of fraudulent claims.
Anne-Marie Brunet, CMKBD, CAPS
Adam Gibson Design, LLC
Corey Klassen, CMKBD, NCIDQ, IIDA
Articulated Design Studio
Vancouver, British Columbiaarticulated.studio
Glen Peloso Design
Mary Wisman, CMKBD, ASID, NCIDQ, CLIPP