The overall purpose of this event is to honor and give local recognition to the Ottawa area designers and companies in the design, construction, fabrication and manufacturing of kitchens and bathrooms. This recognition of talent will expose these contributors to the general population and allow them to choose whom they may wish to do future projects with.
In the event a category has low number of entrants the NKBA Design Excellence Gala Committee reserves the right to combine entries into similar categories (bathrooms with bathrooms, kitchens with kitchens) to maintain the element of competition. The judges have the option to re-categorize combined entries.
All award applications, submissions, and payments will be done through the Awardify platform by creating your account. Refer to the "How to Enter" page for more details.
Each designer/co-designer can submit up to 3 designs in 3 separate categories in TOTAL.
- You must set up an account at https://nkbaottawa.awardify.io and follow the instructions on the "How to Enter" details
- There are THREE critical deadlines to be aware of - Early Bird Deadline, Final Application Deadline and the Submission Deadline (see below for more details).
- Once account confirmation is received you are able to select your categories (MAXIMUM 3 in total) and review all eligibility requirements.
- Each submission will be checked by a non-competing member of the NKBA Ottawa Chapter DEA Committee to verify eligibility and package criteria completion. In the event an entrant has included information that indicates personal information of: clients, designers, suppliers, trades etc. the entry may be disqualified.
- Deadline to Reserve submission(s) with payment and Category Selections –
- Early Bird Deadline: December 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm.
- Final Application Deadline: January 31, 2022 @ 5:00 pm. This submission is to include your Application + Payment + Category(s) You will receive a confirmation of payment and receipt.
- Deadline for Project Submission – February 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm this requires the upload of ALL documents into your account and selected category(ies) PHOTOS, DRAWINGS, STATEMENT & RELEASE DOCUMENTS.
- All winning entries will be featured at the NKBA Ottawa Chapter Design Excellence Awards (DEA) Gala on May 7, 2022 at the Chateau Laurier. Final purchase date for Gala tickets is April 22, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Eligibility includes but is not limited to:
- The competition is open to all current NKBA Ottawa Chapter members (individuals, individuals of companies, or companies).
- All entrants must be members in good standing at the time of application submission and throughout the duration of the competition. Any entrants found to not have a current membership will be required to bring their membership status up to date immediately, in order to continue in the competition and not be disqualified.
- Any Co-submissions must have a minimum of ONE current NKBA Ottawa Chapter Member. Any non NKBA member Co-Submitter(s) will be not be eligible for further (after current years’ competition) submissions until they become an NKBA Ottawa Chapter Member. If a co-submission entrant is not a member and have entered the Design Excellence Awards in previous years the co-submitter must become a NKBA member or the entry will be eliminated from the competition.
- NKBA volunteers and DEA committee members are permitted to participate in the competition.
- All entries, with the exception of the Creative Concept entries, must be a sold and installed project in the NKBA Ottawa Chapter Area/Region. For more details of the NKBA Ottawa Chapter Region please reach out to the NKBA Ottawa Chapter board members. Projects submitted from outside of the region will be disqualified. The original bill of sale for the project may be requested upon confirmation of final submission to verify category criteria eligibility.
- No company or designer information will be allowed on any entry documents except for the application form. Entries will be disqualified if information (included but no limited to): indicating location, designer name, company or identity of people or persons involved in the project has been included, submitted or part of any entry material including photos and file names. No persons or pets should be present in any photos submitted.
- All eligible projects must have been completed between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021. All others will be disqualified.
- There is a limit of three entries per designer (in total) and a limit of one entry per category, no exceptions.
- Important Dates:
- Application Deadline: (Application, Payment, Category(ies)) Early Bird: December 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm and/or Final Application Deadline: January 31, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
- Project Submission Deadline: all photos, drawings and release forms must be submitted by February 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
All submissions must be through the Awardify Platform and your account– Photos, Drawings, Statement & Release Documents
The NKBA Ottawa Chapter, the Design Excellence Committee, and judges reserve the discretion to combine low entered categories with a similar category (for example combine entries in Bathroom Contemporary/Modern Price Group 2 with Bathroom Classic/Traditional Price Group 2 if low numbers exist for one of the categories) or eliminate a category if there are zero or single entries or the caliber of an entry does not merit judging.
Failure to comply with any of the above criteria will result in disqualification and may affect future eligibility at the sole discretion of the NKBA Ottawa Chapter and Design Excellence Awards Committee.